As a professional counsellor, my role is to provide a safe place for you to explore your feelings: providing an outlet for emotions brought up by life events, such as bereavement, or coping with anxiety and depression brought about by the struggle of day-to-day life. Low self-esteem and lack of confidence, can impede personal growth. Counselling is about having someone to talk to you can trust, who is non-judgemental and works with you to understand your world.
I believe in a holistic approach to mental and physical health, and have both indoor and outside facilities, with options for outdoor therapy, the healing qualities of being in nature and around animals.
A combined approach to psychotherapy enables me to bring together different elements of specific therapies to work in the best way to help you. I work in an integrative way, with a view that there is no single approach that can help each client in all situations.
Counselling support other areas of my work: I am also a Reiki Master, and Exercise Professional, and a British Horse Society Registered Equestrian Coach.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and am subject to its Professional Conduct Procedure.
Counselling can help with:
- Pet Bereavement
- Low self-esteem
- Family issues
- Separation and divorce
- Eating Disorders
What I can offer:
- Individual Counselling
- Combination therapy (Counselling/Reiki)
- Equine Therapy
- Outdoor Therapy
- Mindfulness (group sessions available)
- Meditation (group sessions available)
- Home visits available if leaving your home is challenging
My Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (currently studying)
- Wiltshire Mind (one-to-one counselling)
- Anorexia & Bulimia Care (befriender)
- Exercise Teacher (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Reiki Master (UK Reiki Federation)
- Registered Equestrian Coach (British Horse Society)
- Mindfulness and Meditation Course (Wiltshire College)
- Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling (CPD)
- Introduction to Equine Facilitated Therapy/Learning Certificate
What I charge:
£40 per 50 minute session one-to-one.
I charge the same price for counselling, reiki, meditation and mindfulness to allow for a combination of these in a session if appropriate.
I also offer:
- Group meditation/mindfulness work. Please contact me for details.
- Home visits – Contact me for details.
Approaches I draw from are: