About me and my practice
I offer psycho-therapeutic counselling in Market Lavington, near Devizes, Wiltshire.
My work as a counsellor is founded on my own life experience of education, work, family, sport, and the coping strategies that get us through tough times.
Counselling can help us to put a new perspective on life, and give us the strength to change. With a background of many years in the equestrian sports industry, I also offer equine-assisted therapy, with my horses helping me with a psychosynthesis approach to therapy.
Meditation and mindfulness focus the mind and aid relaxation. Dreams and imagery can be very insightful in gaining a greater understanding of ourselves on many levels. As a Reiki Master Practitioner, I can use techniques to balance mind and body if appropriate to your needs.
Your past history may have an impact on how you are coping with life now and how you view yourself. We can explore the connections between your past and present experiences.
Face to face sessions are either outdoors in my lovely garden, fields, or in my airy therapy room, social distancing guidance permitting. For many clients, being in a natural setting can be more beneficial that being indoors.
I also work on-line using Zoom or Skype.
I offer short or long-term I work with clients over the age of 18 years.
What I charge: Initial contact is free. This can be one phone call (up to twenty minutes) or an exchange of up to three emails or text messages.
Sessions cost £40 per 50 minutes session. Payment can be made by PayPal, below, or contact me for bank details for payment by bank transfer.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and am subject to its Professional Conduct Procedure.
Counselling can help with:
Separation and divorce
What I can offer:
- Individual Therapeutic Therapeutic Counselling
- On-line counselling
- Phone, text or email counselling
- Combination therapy (Counselling/Reiki)
- Counselling with Horses
- Eco Therapy (working with nature)
- Mindfulness (group sessions available)
- Meditation (group sessions available)
- Home visits available if leaving your home is challenging
My Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (psycho-spiritual model)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Wiltshire Mind (one-to-one counselling)
- Anorexia & Bulimia Care (Befriender)
- Exercise Teacher (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Reiki Master (UK Reiki Federation)
- Registered Equestrian Coach (British Horse Society)
- Mindfulness and Meditation Course (Wiltshire College)
- Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling (CPD)
- Introduction to Equine Facilitated Therapy/Learning Certificate
- Currently studying BA(Hons) Counselling
I also offer:
- Group meditation/mindfulness work, either on-line or face to face. Please contact me for details.
- Home visits – Contact me for details.
Approaches I draw from are: